Friday 21 October 2011

Holy mother of cunt...

... looks like I've hit a snag. When uploading the current videos, I was always curious as to why they so quickly went over the Vimeo upload limit. Today I went back and edited some old shots, exported them the exact same way that I exported them originally, only now the file size will end up at about 4GBs instead of around 10MBs like it used to. I have no idea what in the blue blazing fuck is going on. I've tried to figure out the solution, only to realize there is no solution; because I'm not doing anything differently to what I've always been doing.

This is going to change things. I know there's only 2 of you that even know this page exists so it may not matter a whole lot, however I might stop uploading new footage to Vimeo. If I can't figure this fucking problem out I may remove what footage is on Vimeo entirely. The next time you'll see anything new is once it's complete. I'll probably still post screen shots and progress pictures, but that'll be about it. Oh, and probably a rant or something about me bitching and being pessimistic.

Yup.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Feck! :( Wish I knew enough to help out, vimeo gone totally mental. Hope you can resolve it, will be hanging on next post, be it clip, still or rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mate. I think you might be my the only follower who actually checks into this place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not true! I occasionally check in on this place, I just don't get around to posting anything...

    Good to see you're still chugging along on this at any rate.
    Also, I swear I've heard of that problem before somewhere... Are you exporting through After Effects dude?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bother you enough on the other place. GET BACK TO WOIK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey man... That is insane! I might be able to help you with your compression issues.

    ReplyDelete